Founded in early 1933, Terex was initially founded as the Euclid Company by the Armington brothers designing and building haul trucks. Their success led to acquisition in 1953 by American automobile conglomerate General Motors. The “Euclid Division” was central to GM’s growth into engineering and the company developed and sold Terex equipment including over half the nation’s off-highway dump trucks. The success of this dominance led to the launch of the name Terex.
In the 1970’s Terex was credited with many world firsts including the world’s first off-road hauler (1Z Trac-Truk), the world’s first twin-powered dozer (TC-12) and the world’s largest truck, the Terex 33-19 "Titan”. Several changes of ownership happened with GM suffering in the recession of the mid 1980’s and then further problems with IBH Holdings and Northwest Engineering. Prior to listing individually in the USA, the company took over Koehring cranes and excavators (1987), Unit Rig (1988), and Fruehauf Trailer (1989) and in the 1990’s Terex became a leader in the crushing and screening industry with the acquisitions of Cedarapids, Re-Tech, Powerscreen and Finlay.
Today, Terex has a dealer network in over 23 countries and manufacturing plants in USA, Europe and Asia. The current Terex equipment range includes washing solutions, port equipment, utilities industry equipment, light towers, cranes and components and concrete mixers. The machines are used worldwide in construction, engineering, the utilities and energy industry and shipping.