What this policy covers
- What information we collect about you
- How we use information we collect
- How we share information we collect
- How we store and secure information we collect
- How you can access and control your information
- How we transfer information we collect internationally
- How you can contact us
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you when you provide it to us when:
- You register an account with the site and add profile information. For example you may provide contact information including email and telephone number. You may indicate what type of user (seller, end-user, buyer) you are and what type of equipment you are interested in buying or selling. You will also create a password to keep your account secure.
- You add content through your account. This content includes any equipment listings you may post on the site and information contained within the equipment description and any files or attachments you may add to messages.
- You provide information on the site including any enquiries you may make on equipment listings which include your name, company, email, telephone number, country and any information you include in the enquiry message.
- You provide information to our support team. For example you may provide information regarding a problem you are experiencing with the site or our services.
Information we collect automatically when you use our site
We collect information about you when you use our services, including browsing our website and taking actions within your account.
- Your use of the services. This information includes search terms you may use to find equipment on the site, how you interact with equipment listings and whether you make an enquiry on those listings
- Device and connection information. We collect information about the device you use to access our site. This information includes device ID or unique identifier, device type, computer and connection information,
Information we receive from other sources
- Other users of the site. Other users of the site may provide information about you when they submit content on the site. For example, your information may be included in an equipment listing or a message in an account managed by your company.
How we use information we collect
The purposes with which we process and use the information we collect depends on how you interact with our site and your account as well as any preferences you have communicated to us. The specific purposes for which we use information we collect about you are:
- To provide you access to our Sites and Services. This includes when we authenticate you when you log in or when we provide customer support. This also includes the publication of equipment listings and the delivery of communications between buyers and sellers on the site.
- For safety and security. This includes to prevent, detect, and investigate, fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms & Conditions
- For research and development. We are always looking for ways to make our services smarter, faster, secure, and useful to you. This includes information about pages you interact with on our site and actions you take on these pages or within your account.
- To communicate with you about our Services. We use your contact information to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your account or our sites, services, applications or tools, or for other purposes authorized by law
- To communicate with you about similar Services. We use your contact information to deliver marketing messages relevant to those Services which you use on the Site. This includes marketing from our partners service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- To provide you with targetted advertising. We use remarketing to advertise across the Internet. Remarketing will display adverts that have been tailored to you based on what parts of our website you have visited. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN).
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights. Kitmondo will disclose such information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties where obligatory or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Kitmondo or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. Where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials to promote the Services, with your permission.
- Legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as to market and promote the Services or similar services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
How we share information we collect
We only share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve or integrate our Services.
- Sellers Receiving Enquiries: Sellers who receive enquiries through the site may also receive the contact information provided by the buyer.
- Links to Third-Party Sites: The site may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
- Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
How we store and secure information we collect
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
Information storage and security
We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. These providers subscribe to the EU-US Privacy Shield. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How long we retain information
We retain your account information until you delete your account. Contact information is retained for marketing purposes until you opt-out of communications or you specifically ask us to delete such information. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How you can access and control your information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete their Personal Information held by Kitmondo in their registration profile at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or editing the relevant part of their profile on the Site. If you would like us to cancel your membership on Kitmondo, please contact and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation or a legitimate business reason to retain some of the information contained in your membership.
Opt out of communications
We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Kitmondo email newsletters, auction alerts, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive these emails please use the unsubscribe link provided in the emails. Alternatively, please email your remove request to email@example.com.
Please note, we will use your email address to send you notifications related to your use of the Site. You cannot unsubscribe or opt-out of these notification emails if you wish to continue using the Site or Services.
Control your member profile information
When you create a membership on Kitmondo, we will set up a profile page for you. Your Kitmondo profile page will include your first name and last initial. You can select the other items of Personal Information that you wish to be included in your profile page – including, but not limited to a profile picture. We will display your profile page publicly via the Site and it will be viewable by all users. We recommend that you guard your privacy and sensitive information and we encourage Members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages.
You can review and revise your profile at any time. You can also export the information in your account for the purpose of data portability.
Deleting your information
You can remove information about you from within the service, this includes the information within your member profile and information within your equipment listings. If you like to request the deletion of further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process your request within 30 days.
Cookie and advertising controls
You can always opt-out of cookies and tracking technology by contacting email@example.com.
How we transfer information we collect internationally
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, which allow you to access and control your information in certain circumstances (e.g. the right of access, rectification and erasure). You can exercise these rights free of charge.
- Access - This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Rectification - The right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Erasure (to be forgotten) - The right to require us to delete your personal data in certain situations.
- Restriction of processing - The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data we hold).
- Data portability - The right to receive, in certain situations, the personal data you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party.
- To object - The right to object at any time to your personal data being processed for direct marketing (including profiling) or, in certain other situations, to our continued processing of your personal data (e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests).
- Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making - The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or EEA) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
How you can contact us
Kitmondo.com is owned and maintained by Converted Media Ltd which is registered in England and Wales under company number 5553920. Please send all correspondence to Converted Media Ltd, The Core, Science Central, Bath Lane, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE4 5TF, United Kingdom.